This usually covers:
- Personal items inside an apartment or other rented building or structure.
- Additional living expenses (ALE).
- Medical bills for someone hurt at your home.
- Liability claims for accidents caused by you, your property, family, or pets. This coverage may pay for someone else’s injuries and the damage to their property.
This does not cover:
- The inside or outside of the building or structure itself. It is usually up to the owner to pay to fix this damage.
- Medical bills for you or any family members living in the home.